Monday, March 5, 2012

My love of the Victorian Era

I think my love for the Victorian Era started off slowly.  First was roses, my favorite flower.  There is nothing more beautiful than the depiction of Victorian roses.  I love hats and this era had the biggest hats of all time!  My biggest downfall came when I discovered Ebay.  What a treasure trove of all things Victorian!  I was and still am hooked!  When I found something I liked, I immediately went to the Internet and researched it  Wikipedia is great along with all the sites that have Victorian Era information.  Three or four years ago,  I became interested in the antique ornaments from the era. I have spent a small fortune on trims, die cuts, dresden trims, antique tinsel garlands to make the ornaments.  It is getting extremely hard to be able to get the antique die cuts at an affordable price, but my addiction hasn't stopped, just slowed down.
I will attempt to show you many things that are wonderful about this era.  I have some articles and photos that I have already developed that I will be passing along and a box full of new research to develop.
So, if you are like me and love all things Victorian, stayed tuned.

Lorrie Darlin

No comments:

Post a Comment